Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wolfe brothers workshop and more!

Wow. It's been a while. I feel like I have totally neglected this blog, but it's been a busy few months for me.

Last September, my son started kindergarten and my daughter started daycare. Once everyone was settled in (well, actually, 6 weeks later!) I went back to work full time. I had the good fortune to have spent 15 months on maternity leave with my daughter (one of the perks of living in this province!) but all good things must come to an end eventually. Fortunately for me, I was given the opportunity to work from home, which I jumped upon. I don't miss the commute or the cost of gassing up my car on a weekly basis, but I do miss the social aspect of the office tremendously. At least I go downtown once a week to get a little face to face time with my co-workers!

Meanwhile, I continued face painting with regular bookings throughout the fall and winter and recently attended an amazing workshop in Ottawa that was given by the Wolfe Brothers.

These twin brothers are master makeup artists. They so rarely come to Canada to give workshops that I could not resist attending their class and so I joined a couple of fellow face painters (Erin and Stephanie) and did a road trip to Ottawa for the day.

The class was small (15) and there were a lot of hands on exercises and demos to help us become faster, more creative and more confident painters. My favourite part of the class was the last exercise of the day which involved painting a basic "boy's face" with 3 colours which were then transformed into a multitude of different designs with just a few black strokes. Genius!

I came away from this workshop feeling really inspired. It's obvious that Nick and Brian love what they do and their enthusiasm was so infectious that when I came home that night, I could hardly sleep as my brain was so busy processing everything i had learned from them. If they ever come to a city near you I would highly recommend that you take their workshop!

Now, I'm off to practice my shading — bon soir!

















No comments:

Post a Comment